Saturday 6 June 2009

Avast m'hearties!


Well, I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean for roughly the 20th time tonight. And I was again inspired by pirate (and nautical) fashion. Obviously, we went through a period in Autumn/Winter 2007 of pirate-style clothes and are still in the nautical phase now, but I don't think that this style should be forgotton. I've always had a special place in my heart for fictional pirates, with their big leather boots, lots of eyeliner and a fascination with treasure. This is probably something to do with the fact that I'm a magpie myself, drawn to anything shiny and sparkly. The return of pirate fashion would mean that I could wear my shiny things with pride!! Ok, maybe this seems a bit crazy, but who doesn't want to let pirates influence their fashion styles, maybe an over-the-top necklace, coat with shiny buttons, or just a bit more eyeliner than you'd normally wear will do...
x :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment