Monday 12 October 2009

McDonalds in the Louvre, really?!

So I was reading the Metro on my long commute to uni the other day, and came across an article saying that there are plans to open up a McDonalds in the Louvre in Paris. I found this really weird, why does the Louvre want to open up such a cheap,grotty restaurant in its lovely building? Although the Louvre has said that they will try and create a McDonalds 'in line with the museums image', I can't imagine wandering around looking at the paintings and sculptures with the smell of burger and chips in the background. Surely it'll ruin the whole atmosphere that the Louvre has spent millions to create. I'm quite intrigued to see if it will actually come to fruition, it would truly be a big win for multi-national consumerism.

ooh, must write something about fashion: long gloves and long boots are the way forward for me this autumn!

x :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment